Thursday, November 01, 2012

as you call them

You guys know these are really called submarine sandwiches, right? Thanks Hopita.


Anonymous said...

They're called "grinders," "heroes" and "torpedoes," too, depending on where you are. I'm told by the electric Wikipedia that they're also called "Italian sandwiches" in some places, but I've never seen that variation myself.

Dwovar said...

"Hoagies" are a Philadelphia/SoNJ term. They are called "Italians" in most of Maine/NH.